Sunday, October 30, 2011

painting of the day



Today I managed to complete yet another painting .... it takes a good few hours , nonstop working on a painting , one watercolor I can begin at 9 and be finished at around 2.00pm this piece however was completed before 1.00 pm ............yesterday I shared in my blog that I had sketched the piece out....... Today I knew the colors I wanted for this piece ,.........the sky is made up of three colors and the foreground is made up of a good many colors , the entire piece is not up....... only a very small part of it is ..I have cropped it here to show you a fragment of the painting , ....this one was great doing loved the way the colors took to the watercolor paper and how it would seep into the other colors on the paper ....



As always the paper is wet , with a very large brush , then its under a light that starts the drying process of the water on the paper, so as I am painting I will add water from a spray bottle to keep certian areas wet to work with...... other areas in this painting were kept dry to get what I wanted .......its always a joy to complete one so do enjoy the teaser ......

No comments:

Post a Comment