Sunday, September 11, 2011

PAINTING FOR THE 2011 EXHIBIT



Well , many keep asking how I do it .... that is paint ..... process is very simple , oh so I think ......I wet my entire watercolor sheet first ,with cold water only then I pass a sponge to remove all the excess water .....then I pass a big flat brush loaded with water over the entire surface of the paper , ..........for years now I have been working with the use of my brush as a pencil in that I will lay everything in as I go along ....the only subject matter I will ever draw out very lightly will be an old house , all nature scenes ,sescapes, etc, are not drawn by pencil .....enjoy



once the sheet is wet the second time i will wait a bit to allow for it to semi dry not long though as i may want to put my sky in and establish areas of light in the piece



i mix lage glass bowls with one color and begin from there to load the paint and build up in washes



smaller cups are used so as to keep some colors more intense , and the cups may well be filled with water and the various colors , all before i begin as once I start i dont like to stop



when doing a watercolor one must have endless patience and time , one 16x22 inch piece can take an entire day to two days and i paint quickly , ..... well i am sharing a fragnebt of a piece that was done for the exhibit its long completed in my folder to be signed and framed .....

No comments:

Post a Comment