Friday, September 2, 2011

A drawing .....from a picture ...... old home Port of Spain



Port of Spain .... has lost so many of its ,quaint old homes , and the larger ones , some are now car parks , others just open areas with nothing happening.... its rather sad , this piece was done for a friends 5o th birthday , last year .....



I am a lover of sketches , roughly done , I had a great time with this as I looked at the old photo of the house in front of me, and tried to bring it back to life on paper , .... I uesd a very fine drawing paper and built up my shading , as I went along , .... when I was doing this piece I contemplated ,on doing a series of old little buildings ......that are still scattered ,here and there in...... Trinidad, its still a thought that might be brought to life one day .....for my exhibit this year I even thought of doing a few sketches ... but the work does not lend to the incorporation of drawings .... hope you will enjoy .....

No comments:

Post a Comment