Friday, September 2, 2011

artist at his desk



Well today found me painting all day . a rather , beautiful old place that many people pass daily , I had wanted to do a painting of it on the spot , but I am not great at the hot weather and the constant people, looking to see what i am painting, plus all the various questions asked by them , if I dont answer then I am looked upon as rude , However people really do not understand that the part of the brain that engages in conversation.... is the said part that is the side of creativity ......So I opted out to paint indoors today , hence my eternal back pain has come into play once again ..... What did I paint.... well its one of our most beautiful icons the gingerbread house ,that is well known by many , I am doubtful always at attempting a well known icon , however , I have painted Bagshot, and a few others and they are all hanging in peoples homes...... so I took a shot at this beauty , painted all day from............... 9 am till 4,55 pm ........, yes the back hurts but the final outcome of the art looks good ....



I am however tempted not to frame it, or show it I am one that finds continual fault in my art and unlike many people who may love it ,....... I am still letting it grow upon me , ....I have called it................................. THE GINGERBREAD WONDER ......its 16x22 inches ,



At first i was warned about the mint color of the gallery, of the said house , however as I opened my art box I discovered after some digging that mint green was a full tube of watercolor paint that I had bought many years ago ,....... now it was going to be used ...



On completion of the work ..... I observered horror of horrors .... that it was at a slight slant , now what do I do ..... DO I CUT THE PAINTING ? .......well I remember a famous artist pulling me aside once telling me... that......" nothing is ever perfect.," so these are the things we will find in art ,



Well I have not signed the piece yet.... but its a full days work , and for an event , that I did it for , unlike many other artist I have no one to tell me how it looks , so I am thinking it could very well in all its beauty join the 15 plus ginger bread houses..... that are within a black folder here at my place....... these works will never see the day of light as long as I live .......



However I will eventually share the completed work here on my blog . I will share the pic that I worked with ,..... did anyone say detail ? yes loads of it , but differently done by me unlike the other gingerbread houses that I have done in the past it was a very free style , do enjoy when I load it on my blog ....

No comments:

Post a Comment