Tuesday, November 29, 2011

HOURS BEFORE THE SHOWING 29 TH NOVEMBER



Hours before the showing of the collection of some 30 works of watercolors , what goes through the mind of an artist ? well there are all sorts of emotions ... one being its up and hope all will enjoy it , ..... I have limited eyesight in one eye and the other eye is a lazy one that I do not see through ,so hear what happens I look at it this way ... its art by a guy with a great handicap , what I am able to do I have done for others to enjoy ......at the end of the day art is always subjective , I am hoping that my fellow artist will take a few of the above mentioned facts into consideration and they have been so very surpportive , , ...........the work is some of the very best I have done in years , its all done with love and a driving passion .......art ..... has always been a passion of mines since I was growing up winning two major art competitions island wide , many years ago this bouyed me further into continuing .....



The medium of watercolor is never forgiving one mistake and thats it , however we get along very well ....recently I completed three panels for a coffee shop, in acrylics and it was interesting working in this medium .... however fear not I am a watercolorist to heart ....



I am sitting here and wondering the response, of many as some pieces are very different , and different as they are they are an artist expression onto paper .......minus the flaws we are in the end bring somethging out of us as artist and people of craft



I am sharing on this blog an image of a painting in the stages of near completion on my work area ....all paintings will be up to be viewed fully so do pass by the gallery exhibit opens from this evening at 6.30 pm and will run till the 10 th December ........



No comments:

Post a Comment